Friday, October 7, 2011

A Walk to Remember - Preparation

So tomorrow is one of my new norm favorites.  It is the day that CrossHeart Ministries hold it's annual Walk to Remember in celebration of National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  As hard and as sad as it is that I have to be a part of this month and this day, it is an awesome day to celebrate the LIFE of my stillborn, but STILL BORN son, John Preston.  Getting ready for (as a CHM board member) and looking forward to (as a Mommy to an Angel) this event, and then participating in the event as a mommy is totally worth the major emotional and physical exhaustion that will follow.  But I will go every year for the rest of my life and be completely willing to suffer the consequences. 

Here is a picture of our t-shirt.


I can't wait.  My husband and I are going to lead the walk for John Preston.  We will walk around the lake twice.  Then we will release a balloon for him, along with 63 other parents of angel babies.  We will be with people who understand us and our loss and our never ending pain and none of them will be uncomfortable or awkward and everyone will say John Preston's name without pause and no one will look at us like we have the plague.  We will be in a situation in which for once we will be 'normal'.

Thank you Ronald Reagan for proclaiming this a National Day of Awareness.  Thank you CrossHeart Ministries for hosting this event. 
Thank you Robin Cross for finding me and throwing me the life saver that is CrossHeart Ministries. 
Thank you Jimmy Ray Sloan for giving me the greatest gifts you could give me - your love and our son, John Preston.
Thank you God for all of it.

CrossHeart Ministries Second Annual Walk to Remember
Johnson Park in Collierville, TN
October 8, 2011 from 10:00am - Noon

No comments:

Post a Comment