Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why am I here?

You can view my story in the "My story" section, but I want you to know why I am here.  After losing my one and only son and realizing I would never have children I lost myself for awhile (and still feel lost at times). 

Eventually I met Robin, who would lead me on a journey of 'dealing and healing'.  She allowed me to accompany her on her journey to start a non-profit organization geared toward helping families (especially women) deal with the loss of their child(ren) through miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death. 

We are  now gearing up to also help women who will not have any (or anymore) children.  Our organization is called CrossHeart Ministries and you can visit us on Facebook and at our website www.crossheartministries.net

I invite you to share your story, share your struggles, and share your victories on this blog or (if you are in the Memphis, TN Metro area) come to one of our support groups.  We have a general grief support group right now, but in January 2012, we will start some new 'sub-groups' geared toward the many different and specific stages of all of our mommies. 

And please know, even if you have never had a loss, but you want to be a mommy but can't, I still consider you a Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment